Flashing Lights

When I was about 5 or 6 years old, I decided to mess around with my father's record player. It was one of those huge 1960's AM/FM Stereo Radio/ Record players that had a top which opened and closed. When closed, it keenly disguised itself as another piece of living room furniture.
I managed to place the needle on the record (probably scratching it) and listened to Mr. Elvis Presley sing. He became my idol. I idolized him so much that I even dressed up as Elvis for my school's Halloween parade in the 4th grade.
I didn't care much for the 70's Elvis, I preferred the 50's Elvis. Really, I fell in love with the fifties. My idols expanded to include James Dean, a young Marlon Brando, Warren Beatty, and when I saw the movie GREASE, T-Bird's Danny Zuco. I admired how cool they were and of course, how they were always surrounded by ladies. :D

I still remember the lyrics to my favorite Elvis song, Teddy Bear.

"I don't wanna be a tiger
Cause tigers play too rough
I don't wanna be a lion
Cause lions aint the kind
You love enough.
Just wanna be, your teddy bear
Put a chain around my neck
And lead me anywhere
Oh let me be
Your teddy bear."

The Hollywood Walk of Fame Hunt reminded me of how much I admired Elvis and I had fun dressing up as other well known stars.

Pics 1-3:

Outfit/Shirts: BalAni -Elvis' suit/ Elvis Tee1/ Elvis Tee 2 (HWOF 16)



Pic 4:

Top: PEER Style - Errol Flynn Tee (HWOF 12)



Pic 5:

Outfit: Avatar Bizarre -Aladdin Sane (HWOF 17)



Pic 6:

Hat/Beer/Belt: Mustang Trading Post -Urban Cowboy Hat/Urban Cowboy Beer/ Mens Urban Cowboy Belt (HWOF 23)



Pic 7:

Outfit: StarChild Designs - "Sinatra" Black Pinstripe Suit (HWOF 51)



Pic 8:

Top: Robbish - HWOF (Tom Hanks) (HWOF 71)



Pic 9:

Jacket: Stoked! - Letterman Jacket Blue (HWOF 86)



Pic 10:

Top: Sonic Death Monkey - Jeff Lebowski Sweater (HWOF 96)



Pic 11:

Outfit: M&M Celtic Designs - Robin Hood (HWOF 77)


Comments

Popular Posts