My New Home

It has taken me a while but I finally have a new home.  I have had a blast looking around and decorating, which is my favourite part of it all.  I think I only get new houses so I can decorate them.

I would like to take this time to thank a couple of people who helped me out.  One is my friend, AnneAlyce, who gave me tons of ideas of places to look for houses (cos she is an addict like me), and also helped me with some terraforming...the good part, not the bit I botched up.

And the other is my friend, Heavenly, who came and fixed the terrible terraforming job that I did and made it look awesome.  She also helped with some ideas for furniture placement, and provided some yummy stuff from her store to add finishing touches.  I have promised her that I will never try to terraform ever again.  Suits me.  We have decided we would be a great house decorating team, so let us know if you need help...for a modest fee.  Ha!

So, are you ready for the tour?  Ok, then follow me.  

I haven't done all the landscaping yet, but this is the deck area.  These chairs and items Sway's Vacation Deckchairs.  The little light jar is from {what next} and is called Newport Night Light (VIP Gift).  The deck is from L2 Studio and the pampas grasses are from KIDD Creations (only 25L at The Gallery Gift Shop anniversary).


Moving on, we are going on board!  These cushions are also from {what next} and they are Newport Dock Pillows (with night lights as VIP Gift).  The fishing rod comes with the sits.  So cool.


Come on inside!  This is my little breakfast nook.  The table, chairs and items are from {what next} and are part of the Coastal Cottage Breakfast Room set.  The little cinnamon roll is from L'aize Dayz (yum, thanks, Heavenly) and the vase and sticks are from Designer Prims.  Coffee?


Bring your coffee and wander into the living area.  Have a comfy seat on the couch.  The white one is from Beach Street. The blue one is from L'aize Dayz.  Take your pick.  The coffee table and books, rug, lamp, vase and artwork are all from {what next}.  The little bottle and starfish on the table are from The Loft.


I love this bookcase from L'aize Dayz too.  It is mesh, so only 3 prims!  I know, right!  The books on top are from {what next}.  The flowers are also L'aize Dayz.  Pretty.


This comfy spot by the window will get lots of use.  The Charlotte Chair and Ottoman are from {what next} and come with loads of poses and pose items.  The console table, wall hanging and bottles in the background are all also from {what next} and are from the Coastal Cottage sets.  


Now, just so you know, I modded this part of the houseboat.  It did have a little bathroom area, but I didn't need it, so I took out a wall and opened it up a bit more.  So, here we have the Funky Lispette Record Unit from LISP Bazaar, the Surfer's Paradise Wall Hanging from {what next} and the Vase and Sticks from Designer Prims.  Cozy spot for some music listeing methinks!


Round the corner here is another sunny lounging area.  I am thinking afternoon sun and a coffee in hand here.  The Winston Couch and Sofa are from LISP Bazaar, the dressing table, mirror and slippers are from L'aize Dayz, the topiary is from The Loft, and the lantern is from {what next}.  


This little area here is probably my favourite spot!  Perfect place, sunlight and view from my Blogger's Office Set (Not all items in set shown) from {what next}.  The Life's a Beach pinboard is also from {what next} and is available at the outlet store.  Yay.  The cool magazine storage boxes on the desk are from %Percent.  Great for offices and desks.


Right, let's head upstairs onto the top deck.  This area rocks and I can't wait to have a party and dancing up here. Plenty of space.  These Pre-Loved Lawnchairs and accessories are from {what next}.  Nice view, huh?


Ok, change your environment to night, cos this area here is the perfect place to enjoy a warm evening under the stars.  You can lounge in the hot tub or relax in the deckchairs.  All of these items are from LISP Bazaar, except for the Newport String of Jar Lights which are from {what next}.  Yes, they are also in that VIP Gift!.


I just had to add this Sunbleached Puffy Couch from Trompe Loeil.  It is still at Collabo88, so I raced over and grabbed it.


And that is my new houseboat.  Make sure you cam out and check it out from afar and all around.  It is from BoatHouse, and I do want to thank the creator, Lizzie, for her patience and help as I sorted out mod rights to take that wall out.  She went above and beyond in helping me and putting up with my blondeness.




Now, I just need to do some outside landscaping (with NO terraforming).  I will have fun with that.  

Hey, thanks for coming to visit.  Oh, and if you know where I can get some mesh luggage trunks from, let me know. I have the perfect spot for them.

Sorry?  Oh, yes, my hair is from ChiChickie and is called Tanya.  It is at the Hair Fair and I am in love with it.  My dress is from {PopTart} and is Holly Dress - Blue Floral, and my flip flops (thongs, jandals) are from J's.

Comments

Popular Posts