Getting Back to Basics

I have been so busy lately that I feel I have neglected you a little.  I was looking back over the history of this blog and realised that although change is good, it is nice to remember your roots sometimes too.

When I started this blog it was with the idea that I wanted to show you cheap or free items that were still stylish and great to wear or use.  The idea for this came to me when I kept getting hit up for money in stores and the beggars would say, "It costs to look good in SL!".  I disagreed.  I know I have told you this before, but I have never 'bought' money in SL.  I have earned it along the way djing, hosting etc.  I was also proud that in the early days I managed to find freebies and bargains which had my avi looking pretty good.  I stalked freebie blogs, I did the first hunts, I joined groups and got group gifts.  In fact the only BIG thing that I bought in my first year on SL was my shape, which is the same one I wear today.

I managed to get my first wee apartment, furnish it and dress and pimp my avi on a small amount of Lindens and I am proud that I can still do that today.

So, this week I am going to be bringing you an Under 10L blog post which will show you great fashion can still be found on a budget. I will also try and do this once a week to show you the same for furniture, accessories, skins etc.

Make sure you keep an eye out for that!

Today I have a few items from round the place.

Hair:  Amacci - Linda - Pearl Platinum (New Release)
Top:  TorMe - Wonder Mesh Tank Top (New Release)
Skirt:  [SAKIDE] - Mini Lace Skirt - Black (New Release)
Shoes:  dirty.little.secret - Mesh HighTops (FREE)
Pose:  Miseria - Beat Pose 1 (Group Gift - All poses today are from this pack)


Skirt and Top:  22769 - Knit Tunic and Highwaist Skirt (The Gallery Gift Shop)


Gown:  [SAKIDE] - Dream Gown - Pink (FOX Hunt)
Jewellery:  Finesmith - Grappa Fuschia (New Release)


Top:  Razorblade Jacket - Ballistic Nylon 1/2 Coat with Shirt (New Release)
Pants:  [SAKIDE] - Timeless Glitter Pants - Silver (Recent Release)



Comments

Popular Posts