Pretty Black and White To Me

I have been a bit off my game of late. Have had a few doubts about why I do this and why I have kept going for so long.  I started blogging in SL in 2009 and have been pretty steady ever since. For those of you who have done any blogging in SL, it is not an easy game to break into and I have been turned down for so many events and stores over the 14-15 years. The worst part of that is that you don't really know why you are rejected and no one really tells you, but I just guess that I am just not blogging or doing my photos the way they expect or want me to to best suit the product or event.

And, yes, there have been times when I haven't been able to keep up with blogging expectations and so stores have let me go, and I totally get that. I sign up for things and sometimes I just can't maintain the level required so I am 'fired'.  I hate letting people down but SL and RL sometimes clash for my time and in the end RL has to win. I feel bad. I truly do.

However, I am pretty loyal to the stores and events that have stuck by me through thick and thin. I want to show their products and I am proud to be a part of their team.  That is why I am super disappointed when I le them down by not being at the top of my game.  

I did that in a post a couple of days back and the amazing designer reminded me of why she picked me to blog for her.  It was in such a kind, nice way that I immediately felt so awful because she trusted me with her items and I really didn't give them the credit they deserved.  I have apologised to her and have hopefully rectified the problem.  I will try to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

I think what I am trying to say (and not very well) is that I do love doing this.  It gives me a creative outlet and I enjoy the process most days. I am going to make a concerted effect to ensure that I am giving time to this blog and to give 100% on the days I do post.  I apologise to you, the reader, for the days I have not. I am always trying to improve so this has been a great reminder.

With that in mind, I am now going to give credit to one of those awesome stores that I have been with for ages and to share with you this fabulous outfit I am wearing.

The Lina Top & Vest are from MOoH! as are the Jenna Jeans in Black and White.  I have been wearing them around SL for days and I would like to add that these jeans look amazing from the back when I walk!  They hug the butt just right.  The top and shrug are super cute too and come with a hud so you can choose the right look for you.  I decided to go monochromatic to match the jeans.  Go grab them both at the mainstore.

The cool gloves are also from a store I get to blog for.  They are from MEVA and are the Fiona Gloves for Cosmopolitan.  I will be adding these gloves to my inventory as they will come in so handy (do you see what I did there?) for so many photos.  I may even save these for driving gloves.  Are they a thing these days?  Needless to say that these fab gloves come with a hud so you can match them to your outfit.  You will definitely be seeing these accessories on me again! I have put a close-up of the gloves after the main picture.

Hat:  FOI - BEARY COLD HAT V1

Hair:  Wasabi // Oakley Hair

Sim:  Serene Retreat




Comments

Popular Posts